Working in-house for Allied London we were responsible for writing and executing the Placemaking strategy for the regeneration of Leeds Dock. We successfully steered the Dock from a failed retail destination to a vibrant work and leisure destination, with a focus on the digital, tech and media industries, bolstered by family, well-being and F&B content and activity.
Our strategy needed to address numerous negative perceptions of the Dock, establish the Dock as a destination for visitors and tenants, foster community while establishing an authentic voice of authority on digital media.
Our multi-faceted and versatile approach rapidly achieved these aims and within one year of official re-launch the Dock was 90% let and totally unrecognisable.
- Utilising meanwhile spaces for installations, events, exhibitions and F&B experiences.
- Establishing the Southbank Creative Partnership to facilitate strong working relationships with neighbouring businesses including The Tetley Gallery, Duke Studios and Citu.
- Establishing the Dock as the home of digital art in the region with exhibitions, installations and screen based activity.
- Successfully growing an active and engaged community of tenants, residents and visitors.
- Becoming an integral part of the key city events, contributing content, space, ideas.
- Growing our online community through a strategic program of content and commentary.
- Developing a reputation as a trusted source of content and one of the city's key social destinations.
- Winning The Majors Marketeer award for our holistic launch campaign.
- Establishing a S.T.E.A.M educational program for kids.
- Featured as one of 2017's key Collaboration projects in Estate Gazette's Collaborators supplement.
If you would like to know more about how our placemaking strategy established Leeds Dock as one of the North’s most creative and vibrant communities please get in touch.
Placemaking Strategy & Execution
Event Creation, Curation & Management
Partnership & Sponsorship Management
PR, Marketing, Communication, Social and Web Management
Art Direction & Graphic Design
COMPANY / CLIENT:
Music & Entertainment Programming.
Graphic Design and Production (flyers, posters, window vinyls, social media assets).
Marketing & Comms:
Social media content, campaign & PR strategy.
We can provide similar services for you. Please get in touch to discuss how we can assist you.